Click here for information about the GRVS club car.
September 27-28, 2014 - Click here for information about the Fall 2014 Westminster Junction Train Show.
The Great River Valley System is a modular railroad club in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.
Upcoming Events/Public Shows
- May 10, 2014 - Minnesota Fairgrounds Show * - St Paul, MN t-trak
- July 26-27, 2014 - Houston Hoedown * - Houston, MN details event Hours: Sat: 10-6; Sun: 10-4
- Sept 13, 2014 - Minnesota Fairgrounds Show * - St Paul, MN event Hours: Sat 9-3
- Sept 27-28, 2014 - Westminster Junction Show - St Paul, MN details
- Oct 11-12, 2014 - Indianhead Model Train Show * - Eau Claire, WI details event Hours: 10-5 St; 10-4 Sun
- October 25-26, 2014 - Thunder on Rails * - Thunder Bay, Ont event Hours: Sat 10-5; Sun 10-4
- Nov 8-9, 2014 - Trainfest * - Milwaukee, WI details event Hours: 9-5:30
- April 25-26, 2015 - Great Minnesota Train Expo - Eagan Civic Arena details
- Nov 14-16, 2015 - Trainfest * - Milwaukee, WI event Hours: 9-5:30
* participation not confirmed
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - Club Meeting - Ramsey County Library - Roseville, MN - 6:30-9pm
- Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - - Location TBD - 6:30-9:00 PM
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014 - - Location TBD - 6:30-9:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - - Location TBD - 6:30-9:00 PM
- Wednesday, September10, 2014 - - Location TBD - 6:30-9:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014 - - Location TBD - 6:30-9:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - - Location TBD - 6:30-9:00 PM
GRVS is primarily an N-scale club utilizing both the N-Trak and T-Trak standards. One of the
characteristics of the module standards we have chosen is that there are clubs all over the
world that build to the same standard. If we don’t have enough members who want to go to a
particular show to have our own complete layout, we can often find another club that will
welcome a few visiting modules to their layout. As a result, GRVS has friendly relations with
clubs from Ontario, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, and other states. At some shows multiple clubs
will combine their modules to make a single really big layout. This requires a good deal of
cooperative planning, but it works!
If you are interested in becoming a member, please go to our membership info page.
For more information about GRVS, Contact Mike. info at grvs dot org or (651)269-3433
For information about participating in train shows organized by GRVS, Contact Walt. showinfo at grvs dot org or (612)822-3807